The hotel carries Chinese stations as well as stations from other countries such as the US (CNN, MSNBC, HBO), Italy, Germany, Korea, and Japan. I happened flip by the Japanese station and saw this show. It was some sort of variety show. You'll have to see for yourself. It's the first time I'd ever seen a Japanese Liberace (no, this is not me after too much drinking, as far as I remember).
Chinese morning television is just as banal as it is in America. While I was getting dressed, I watched a show where a guy was on all fours barking at a dog. This show also had a several English games.
The first was for a member of the audience to say English tongue twisters. Today's was: "The lawyer's awfully accord daughter ought to be taught to draw." I would have preferred they used, "Moses supposes his toeses are roses, but Moses supposes erroneously. For Moses, he knowses his toeses aren't roses, as Moses supposes his toeses to be."
The second game was for contestants to describe English slang terms. Today's were:
- nature calls
- hit the spot
- a wet blanket
Surprisingly to me, everyone got it right on the first try. Maybe it's all the pirated American movies people are watching over here.
No comments:
Post a Comment