Monday, May 26, 2008

Ni hao?

Greetings from China. I've been lax keeping people up to date on my trip, so this blog is meant to remedy that. Why am I here (in China, that is)? To put it generally and without disclosing any specific company information, we are having some manufacturers build motherboards for us and my job is to make sure that things run smoothly and that the boards work. I'm scheduled to be in China from May 18th-June 10th, plus or minus a few days/weeks/months depending on how things go.

Shenzhen is located in the southern part of China, not very far from Hong Kong. As you can imagine, news of the earthquake dominates all media here. Last week there was a three day national mourning period.


I won't get into work topics on this blog, but it's safe to assume that if I'm writing blog entries, work is okay. Since it's taken a week for me to write anything, you can figure out how last week went.

No comments: